3.15.2011

Bad News

I got a call from our adoption agency today. They told me that another family has submitted a Letter of Intent for the beautiful little girl who we thought was our daughter. Because her file had been transferred to another agency while we were reviewing it, the other family gets first right to claim her.

On the one hand, I am happy that she will have a family, that she will be going home soon. On the other hand I am really sad that she will not be ours. It's interesting how just a week can make all the difference. Her file had been on the shared list for almost a year, and we missed her by a week.

Which brings me back to the foundational truth that this whole process was God's idea first, and His timing is perfect. We will find our daughter and bring her home at the right time.

However, this little one will always have a piece of my heart.

2 comments:

  1. I am sorry. I am praying that God provides you with another daughter/son soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The process of adoption is always an uphill journey - just like labor. And like labor, when she is in your arms, you will forget the steep climb. I hope you will hear soon from your agency.

    ReplyDelete